Class 1: Who we are and what we do
How we fit into the NHS structure
A guide to the Healthcare System in England, including the Statement of NHS Accountability, was published in May 2013 by the Department of Health and provides a comprehensive overview of the NHS and the role of CCGs as commissioners of services.
Information about what the CCG is and what is does can be found in our 'About Us' section of this website.
More information can be found in our commissioning strategy which can be found in the 'Our Strategy Documents' section in the 'About us' part of our website.
Our board members and senior staff
Details of the CCG Board together with papers from their meetings are available on this website. The board takes decisions on policy and strategy, and delegates specific functions and responsibilities to its committees.
The CCG is overseen by its Board, a body established to run the statutory organisation on behalf of its member practices. Practices come together bi-annually in the Members Meeting to review progress of the CCG, confirm future strategic direction and to consider matters of business such as its constitution and appointment of elected board members.
Lists of and information relating to organisations with which the authority works in partnership
West Hampshire CCG works with a number of important partner organisations and these include:
- NHS England – and in particular the Wessex Area Team
- Neighbouring CCGs – and in particular NHS Southampton City CCG, and NHS North Hampshire CCG with whom we work collaboratively with and have a Compact agreement setting out how we work together. There are also collaborative arrangements with the five CCGs within the Hampshire County Council area and with the eight CCG including also those covering Southampton, Portsmouth and the Isle of Wight.
- Hampshire County Council – with who we work together with other Hampshire CCGs to commission services in an integrated way, work as partners on the Health and Well Being Board, and obtain public health advice.
- Local Providers – notably University Hospital Southampton NHS Foundation Trust, Hampshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Royal Bournemouth and Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust and Solent NHS Trust and Salisbury NHS Foundation Trust.
- Partner organisations – including HealthWatch, third and voluntary sector organisations, community and patient groups
Please see Our Partners page for more information.
How you can contact us is set out in the 'Contact us' section of this website.
West Hampshire CCG is based at Omega House, 112 Southampton Road, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO50 5PB.
Comments and Complaints
Your experience matters to us. You can contact us to let us know about your concerns, compliments, comments and complaint by clicking the link.
Freedom of Information
Details about how to submit an enquiry under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 to this CCG can be found here.