Tell us your concerns, complaints, compliments and comments

Freephone:0800 456 1633


Diane Bittlestone or Libby Thomas
Patient Experience & Complaints
West Hampshire CCG
Omega House
112 Southampton Road
SO50 5PB

How do you make a complaint or give feedback?

You can either contact the service provider directly or you can contact the service commissioner; however, you cannot make a complaint to both. If you choose to contact us as the commissioners then please contact the West Hampshire CCG Patient Experience & Complaints team by freephone, email or post as detailed above.

What services can you tell us about?

We welcome your concerns, complaints, compliments and comments about any services we commission on your behalf, this includes:

  • Community Health Services;
  • Maternity Services;
  • Planned Hospital Care;
  • Urgent and emergency care including A&E, ambulance and out-of-hours services;
  • Older people’s healthcare services;
  • Healthcare services for children, including those with complex healthcare needs;
  • Rehabilitation services including wheelchair services;
  • Healthcare services for people with mental health conditions;
  • Healthcare services for people with learning difficulties;
  • Continuing healthcare, and;
  • Individual funding decisions.

Is it another type of service?

Please contact the provider directly if you have a concern or complaint regarding a:

  • GP
  • Pharmacist
  • Optician or
  • Dentist

Alternatively, you can contact NHS England:

Telephone: 0300 311 22 33


PostNHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT

Still unsure who to contact?

Please call our Patient Experience and Complaints team who will be happy to assist you in contacting the right organisation.

Are you complaining on behalf of someone else?

If you would like to make a complaint on behalf of someone else we will ask you to provide their written consent before we can commence an investigation.

West Hampshire CCG has a legal responsibility to keep all patient information confidential.

How will your complaint be handled?

We will discuss with you how long the process is likely to take. West Hampshire CCG aim to respond to complaints internal to the CCG within 25 working days. Complaints that need to be shared with commissioned services (hospitals or community services) are likely to take slightly longer.

  • We will contact you by phone, letter or email within 3 working days of receiving your complaint and will offer you a meeting to discuss your complaint.
  • We will discuss with you the best way to investigate and respond to your complaint.
  • We will discuss how long the whole process is likely to take.
  • We will keep you informed of any delays.
  • We will provide a full written response to you, which will explain what happened, apologise for any failings and detail any action we have taken to correct and improve services.

Where can you get support?

If you need independent support through the NHS complaints process you can contact the Independent Health Complaints Advocacy (IHCA). This is a free, independent and confidential service that offers help and information on making a complaint about the NHS.

Contact IHCA
Tel: 0300 343 5711

What if you are not happy with the response?

West Hampshire CCG will endeavour to ensure that all complaints and concerns are fully investigated and a clear, honest response provided to the complainant. However, if this response fails to address your complaint or concern fully you must let us know the reasons why you are dissatisfied. If you would prefer we will arrange a meeting to discuss your concerns or alternatively we will review and provide a further response to your complaint.

If you’re not happy with how we’ve dealt with your complaint, and would like to take the matter further, you can contact the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman which  makes final decisions on unresolved complaints about the NHS in England.  It is an independent service which is free for everyone   to use.  To take your complaint to the Ombudsman, visit or call 0345 015 4033.

Further information is available at

British Sign Language video with guidance on NHS complaints