Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust North and West Hampshire Respiratory team recently attended the Association of Respiratory Nurse Specialists (ARNS) conference and awards ceremony where they were awarded runner up for Respiratory Team of the Year.
Since the service commenced in 2015, the team has gone from strength to strength to improve care pathways for respiratory patients.
- Development of Continuous Improvement Groups (CIGs)
- Provision of primary care respiratory conferences
- Development of nursing home education programme
- Development of home oxygen risk assessment
- Remodelling of pulmonary rehabilitation pathway to reduce waiting times
The service lead, Rachel Hardstaff commented “I am so proud of what the team has achieved. This award is testament to the hard work, dedication and professionalism of them all. They are a fantastic team and it is a privilege to work with them.”
To find out more about the service and the work they have done, please contact Rachel Hardstaff