This is a health meeting with a difference! West Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is inviting people to stand up and walk at its Annual General Meeting on Tuesday 19 September 2017.
Local people, along with healthcare professionals and staff from the CCG will be taking part in a unique event that will encourage everyone to walk between three presentations on:
- GP surgeries and how they will look in the future
- The digital future of healthcare
- The future place of medicines
A number of local organisations and health groups will also be on hand to give advice and information including:
- Age UK
- Community Diabetes Service
Visitors to the AGM will receive a pedometer to track the number of steps they take as they walk between the presentations, with a cumulative total announced as the AGM closes.
Chief Officer Heather Hauschild said: “We wanted to do something slightly different this year, and really promote the benefits of walking. We are trying to practice what we preach and get people on their feet – albeit only a few steps.”
She added:” It will be a good opportunity for us at the CCG to meet and talk to local people face to face, and share some of the exciting initiatives we are working on”.
Board members and senior managers from the CCG will be on hand to answer questions, and discuss how to learn more and get involved in the work of the CCG.
- The AGM is on Tuesday 19 September at Ashburton Hall, Winchester from 5.30pm for a 6pm start.
- The annual report and accounts are available from our website, where you can also book your place at www.westhampshireccg.nhs.uk