Introducing the RESTORE2 Deteriorating Resident Tool for Care and Nursing Homes
RESTORE2 is a physical deterioration and escalation tool for care/nursing homes.
It is designed to support homes and health professionals to:
- Recognise when a resident may be deteriorating or at risk of physical deterioration
- Act appropriately according to the residents care plan to protect and manage the resident
- Obtain a complete set of physical observations to inform escalation and conversations with health professionals
- Speak with the most appropriate health professional in a timely way to get the right support
- Provide a concise escalation history to health professionals to support their professional decision making.
RESTORE2 uses NEWS2 reproduced from: Royal College of Physicians. National Early Warning Score (NEWS) 2: Standardising the assessment of acute-illness severity in the NHS. Updated report of a working party. London: RCP, 2017.
RESTORE2 Training Presentations
This tool must be printed in colour with all pages present
Information for primary care Presentation