Introducing the RESTORE2 Deteriorating Resident Tool for Care and Nursing Homes
RESTORE2 is a physical deterioration and escalation tool for care/nursing homes.
It is designed to support homes and health professionals to:
- Recognise when a resident may be deteriorating or at risk of physical deterioration
- Act appropriately according to the residents care plan to protect and manage the resident
- Obtain a complete set of physical observations to inform escalation and conversations with health professionals
- Speak with the most appropriate health professional in a timely way to get the right support
- Provide a concise escalation history to health professionals to support their professional decision making.
The use of RESTORE2 is encouraged, however users must acknowledge and comply with the following:
- RESTORE2 uses NEWS2 reproduced from the Royal College of Physicians. National Early Warning Score (NEWS) 2: Standardising the assessment of acute illness severity in the NHS. Updated report of a working party. London: RCP, 2017.
- The NEWS2 charts must be reproduced in full colour and high resolution only.
- RESTORE2 and its components must not be modified/amended in any way.
- RESTORE2 is trademarked and copyright West Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group 2019