Subject access requests (Individual rights requests)

Subject access requests (Individual rights requests)


Who we are and what we do

NHS West Hampshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is responsible for securing, planning, designing and paying for your NHS services, including planned and emergency hospital care, as well as community and primary medical care (GP services). We also have a performance monitoring role for these services, which includes ensuring that the highest quality of healthcare is provided and responding to any concerns from our patients on services offered. This is known as commissioning. For further information please refer to the 'About Us' page on our website.


Using your information

We need to use information about you to enable us to commission services effectively, efficiently and safetly.

Our CCG holds some information about you. Please refer to our Fair Processing Notice which describes how that information is used, who we may share that information with and why, how we keep it secure (confidential) and what your rights are in relation to this.


Gaining access to the data we hold about you

The CCG does not directly provide health care services and therefore does not hold personal healthcare records. If you wish to have sight of, or obtain copies of your own personal health care records you will need to apply to your GP practice, the hospital or NHS organisation which provided your healthcare.

Where information from which you can be identified is held by the CCG, you have the right to ask to:

  • View this or request copies of the records by making a right of access request under the General Data Protection Regulation (also known as a Subject Access Request)
  • Request information is corrected / rectified
  • Have the information updated where it is no longer accurate
  • Where applicable, request information is erased
  • Where applicable, request for your data to be made portable
  • Where applicable, ask us to stop processing information about you where we are not required to do so by law
  • Request whether any decisions have been made about you by an automated decision

Everybody has the right to see, or have a copy, of data we hold that can identify you, with some exceptions. You do not need to give a reason to see your data. Requests can either be made verbally or in writing. Under special circumstances, some information may be withheld.

You can do this by writing or contacting the CCG:

West Hampshire CCG
Omega House
112 Southampton Road
Hampshire SO50 5PB
Telephone: 023 8062 7444